A Moment With Melissa

    I love to read! In my elementary school they had a reading contest every year. Guess who ALWAYS won? ME! No one ever came close to reading the amount of books that I read. I was a reading legend.

    The amount of books I read definitely plummeted a few years ago. If you buy all the books that you read it sort of becomes an expense. Plus who wants to spend $20 on a book, read it and then it turns out to be awful. So, I became a shadow of my former reading self. Then came Zoe and the library...

    The library has always intimidated me. I can never find what I want to read. I hadn't been to the library since I was a kid. I remembered how much I loved it so I decided to start taking Zoe.

    Here she is enjoying her library time...




    Then one day I went to the library web site to find out when they were open and my life was changed! I was so ignorant to what the library has to offer!! Did you know that you can search out books and have them delivered to your local library for you? No more searching aisles of books and not being able to find anything! I just go to the front desk and they have all the books I want waiting for me!!! It's like amazon but free!

    Think of all the cookbooks they have access to! Look all the way to the right... The Cake Bible!!!






    I'm also a fan of getting parenting books from the library so I can be an educated Mommy to this little bugger! I wouldn't say that I parent from a book, but I like to see what "the experts" are saying. Right now I'm reading "From One Child to Two"





    Now that I know I can get books so easily from the library I'm back to my old reading self. Not only do I get my scary horror novels, but I've also been checking out lots of cook books, interior design books, and I'm going to teach myself how to sew! The possibilities are endless!

    Some things I've recently read...

    An Invisible Sign of My Own by Aimee Bender

    Domino: the Book of Decorating

    Ratio: the Simple Codes Behind the Craft of Everyday Cooking

    The Sookie Stackhouse Books by Charlaine Harris

    So, this is the end to my love poem to the local library. Definitely check it out for yourself! I bet they have lots of wedding planning books!
    Source URL: http://idiesse.blogspot.com/2010/03/moment-with-melissa_05.html
    Visit Idiesse for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive