Christmas Table



    Dare I mention the words CHRISTMAS TABLE?!

    Well, to my huge excitement I am hosting Christmas Day for my family this year. It is the first time a member of my generation within our family has had Christmas Day. The baton has been passed.

    I am getting myself into a bit of a fluster about it as I have my mother and my aunty and my grandmothers to live up to. I have briefly mentioned the concept of gorgeous, sort-of delicious, kind-of groovy sandwiches made with beautiful breads and roast chicken, homemade ham on the bone, roasted capsicum, roasted zucchini, beautiful cheeses, salads, seafood and that sort of a thing. I just want to have something a bit more relaxed and not so full on {even though I am sure preparing all of that will be full on!!}.

    The phone calls between my mother and grandmothers and aunties have already started. I am sure they are questioning my ability! Well, I am going to show them that I have it in me to create something just as wonderful as they have done over the past 20, 30, 40 years.

    I love the table in the top image. I'm thinking something like this in the garden with big umbrellas {remember our Christmas falls in Summer here}. I love that it looks relaxed and not too staged and themed. I'm not into that sort of thing. I think I will definitely be taking a few of the bowls {bottom picture} home with me which we have for sale at Black & Spiro. I'll be sure to keep you updated with how I go!!

    What are your plans for Christmas this year?
    Source URL: http://idiesse.blogspot.com/2010/10/christmas-table.html
    Visit Idiesse for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive